Fasting and Anorexia
Dolores O'Riordan is still on my mind. She suffered from anorexia.
I spent my whole life desperately trying to never miss a meal and they prescribe a high calorie diet for Cystic Fibrosis. And then I spent years homeless and being underfed for part of every month and having little to nothing to eat at least one day a month.
And I began joking "I didn't want to eat anyway!" because I so frequently threw up the day that I had almost nothing to eat.
Being a freaking GENIUS, it only took me a few YEARS of cracking jokes about it to eventually conclude I was throwing up BECAUSE I wasn't eating. That wasn't "wild coincidence." It was causative.
So:
1. Around 75 or 80 percent of the "immune cells" in your body are found in the gut.
Medical stuff lists that as weird trivia and acts like it's meaningless because doctors are even dumber than I am, I guess.
2. Lots of conditions are helped by fasting and no one knows WHY.
Hypothesis: Not eating is the fastest way to free up existing white blood cells to do "maintenance" or whatever elsewhere in the body. (Not MY hypothesis, actually. I'm not that bright. My son suggested that to me.)
If you are anorexic, you should perhaps wonder if you are actually self treating for some unrecognized infection.
Comments
Post a Comment