I don't get this
I tripped across this video and I'm not looking to offend or insult anyone. Luis is described as an artist and spends up to "six grueling hours" gluing latex and silicone to his face to make a face that's clearly not natural.
And I imagine that is what parents are envisioning when they freak out about their child saying "I think I'm trans."
I don't know anything about Luis. That video today is my introduction to this artist and I have no knowledge of what this person is about and I'm talking about ME and MY LIFE and MY agenda.
When I was younger, I was told by everyone that I was extremely beautiful.
I was sexually assaulted and told it was my fault for being beautiful.
I have never worn much make-up. In my twenties, I wore like mascara and lip gloss.
I've spent DECADES wrestling with MY problems and MY baggage, which include having "natural beauty" and being hated on and assaulted and sexually harassed for it though I don't even wear makeup, don't wear jewelry etc.
So if you are a parent and you are terrified of the trans thing because of imagining your kid wants THAT and you are imagining I am supporting THAT for your kid: For the record, I don't GET it. THAT'S NOT my thing.
I don't wear makeup anymore at all because of my medical condition. I had a Middle Eastern boyfriend and to the best of my knowledge there are no photos of me online in part because of being exposed to Middle Eastern culture and finding that helpful for MY problems.
So, no, that stuff in that video is not something I'm promoting.
This is a HEALTH site. I'm worried about your child's PHYSICAL HEALTH and compromised immune system.
The rest is not my department. I'm a former military wife and full-time homemaker. I'm about the most boring, conservative person imaginable who has no desire whatsoever to "challenge gender norms" or call attention to myself.
I tend to wear humbleness on my sleeve. I have a history of trying to position myself as someone no one should notice in online forums because I don't like drama.
If anything, I'm the exact opposite of Luis. I wear NO makeup, NO jewelry, short hair etc and my entire life revolves around my health.
And I'm not saying Luis is wrong and I'm right. I'm just saying if you come here and imagine THAT'S what I'm all about because this is a trans rights site:
Please try to leave your baggage at the door. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Comments
Post a Comment