Surgery
I'm not against Sex Reassignment Surgery (SRS). I'm not trying to talk anyone out of that.
I'm only interested in helping to make less invasive stuff more readily accessible. From a piece I wrote called The Price of Beauty:
...not many people were talking about how plastic surgery was surgery.I cannot access the paywalled article. My recollection is the author took photos and personal statements documenting the pain and suffering of not only the surgery and immediate recovery but the fact that some people have scar tissue that leaves them impaired and in pain for life.
On this site, I have a post citing studies showing that progesterone can help MTF trans individuals get larger breasts. I'm trying to say something like "Try that FIRST. You can always opt for surgery later if that fails."
Some individuals who self identify online as trans talk about not really caring anymore if they get bottom surgery now that they have hormones. I'm trying to make the hormonal part readily available.
That doesn't in any way block you from SRS. But I'm perfectly okay with it if you get the hormones you need and suddenly feel different about the gear down there.
I'm all for you doing whatever body hair removal you want to do. My understanding is all Muslims shave all body hair.
There are various infections that thrive in hair and hair follicles. If your facial hair or leg hair is literally making you CRAZY and you are pulling it out and leaving bloody patches, by all means find a non-injurious hair-removal method and consider checking for hair-loving infections like trypanosoma.
I'm not a physician. Even if I were, I'm not going to post instructions on a blog for how to perform surgery on yourself or something like that. It's simply outside the scope of what I can really do anyway.
I have a very serious medical condition. I see trans people as having some kind of not properly identified medical condition involving sex hormones.
I know what I know because medical care for my condition evokes that Star Trek scene about "Jim, don't leave him in the hands of twentieth century medicine!" I found a better way that's safer, more effective and less invasive.
I no longer routinely boil medical equipment at home to sterilize it and I never know how to adequately express how much better my life is because I don't need that anymore.
If hacking your diet provides even some of the hormones you need without a prescription, without gatekeeping from a medical professional questioning your mental health and without needles that require sterile conditions to be safe, I think your life will be better.
Comments
Post a Comment