If HRT cures depression, I'm guessing it's a medical condition
I have a post on r/GenevieveFiles where I say being trans looks medical to me and should be treated as such. I don't really understand all this stuff about "But i feel like a woman..." I completely understand "Something is very wrong with my body and it's RUINING my LIFE."
I was treated like a hypochondriac ny entire life, finally diagnosed with atypical CF at age 35 and began being better. Planet Earth continued to treat me like I merely had a mental health disorder, only now it's Munchausen Syndrome I get accused of.
Meanwhile, I continue to get better and, no, I'm not running around trying to get ATTENTION for it.
If there is a mismatch somewhere in your body between your DNA and cells or whatever and HRT resolves chronic lifelong depression, that's good enough for me. In fact, I think that's fairly compelling evidence it's a medical condition, not a nebulous "mental health" issue. (Pro tip: any mental health issue treatable with medication is a medical issue.)
FYI the dressing femme etc stuff: I learned that gender is a social construct as a feminist concept long before I heard of trans anything. And I both get my chops busted for being "too girly" and feminine and old fashioned AND for being not girly enough.
Footnote
Originally published elsewhere on 04/14/25.
Comments
Post a Comment